By using social media to increase your audience and engagement, you’ll be improving your chances of turning casual viewers into paying, loyal customers.
To do this, however, you’ll need to understand the most important reasons behind growing your follower base along with the techniques that are proven to work. Here’s how:
- Drive engagement by creating a call to action. For example, Socinova may post a question such as ‘What is your favourite thing about social media?’ As people respond with their opinions, you’ll be able to watch the comments build up.
- Host a Facebook party or hosted chat at a certain time or date. Both existing followers and anyone else who notices will flock to your page to have their say on the chosen topic.
- Show off your brand’s personality by adding behind the scenes snapshots of you and your employees hard at work, exclusive views of your premises or a sneak peek at the product development process.
- Tweet during the most active hours of 8 am and 7 pm for a 30% higher chance of interaction.
- Twitter stats show that you’re over 100% more likely to generate replies or retweets if you include an image or video alongside your text. The more your tweets are RTd, the more likely you are to gain followers too!
- Use hashtags to heighten your visibility and increase the likelihood of users stumbling across your profile and taking an interest.
- Calls to action on Instagram may include liking a photo for a chance to win a prize or tagging someone in the comments whom they think would relate to the post. Get creative!
- Use hashtags - the same theory applies as it does on Twitter.
- Interact with other users. As you become well known within your industry’s social media community, more people will gravitate towards your profile.
- Replace the auto-generated thumbnails with your own relevant, high-quality images. Google Plus posts with photos of interest are more likely to garner clicks to your profile.
- State a fact or ask a question that will generate comments. Or, add a number of photos and ask users to +1 their favourite. The possibilities for engagement are endless here.
- Take part in a themed hashtag, such as #MotivationMonday. Tons of people use these weekly, so it’s a good opportunity to get spotted!
- Create images that people will be excited to re-pin and share with the community. People are more likely to follow you if you post pin-worthy content.
- Post text oriented images that offer a deep thought, mantra or question that users within your industry will relate to. They’ll appreciate the opportunity to share their views.
- Link to your Pinterest profile through your other social networks. If you’ve already gathered a following on Facebook or Twitter, there’s nothing to stop you converting some of those users!
By following these tips and keeping on top of social media trends, you’ll be well on your way to social media following that pays.
What do you do to grow your audience and encourage engagement? Tell us your more effective techniques in the comments below!